Friday, August 8, 2014
GEMPAR!! Bekas Ketua Wanita GERAKAN terlibat SUKAN BOGEL di Penang
Party deputy president Datuk Dr Cheah Soon Hai said the woman, who was the wing's chief in the 1980s, was no longer a party member.
Her membership lapsed after she stopped paying fees for over 20 years, he said.
"I do not know her personally and I did not see the video of the nudist event. Gerakan was queried about her by reporters who somehow found out about her.
"I asked Kedah Gerakan to check and it was confirmed that she was a member. She was Wanita chief in Kedah in her 20s. She is from Lunas and is now 54.
"Gerakan is shocked that a nudist event had taken place in Penang,” he added, referring to the viral video of a group of people participating in a nude sports event in Penang.
Public nudity is not allowed in Malaysia and police are tracking down the 15 people shown in the video. Seven of them are Malaysians.
Separately, Dr Cheah condemned the action of a Facebook user who had allegedly insulted the King, Tuanku Abdul Halim Sultan Badlishah.
The Facebook user, who went by the profile name "Chandra Lawan Tetap Lawan", had allegedly uploaded a gory photograph of an accident that was edited to include the King's image.
Dr Cheah said insensitive remarks about race and religion were being made in the social media frequently these days.
"Now, members of the royalty are also becoming targets. It shows that there is a certain section in our society that is out to create unrest among the people.”
He said the culprits responsible should be brought to book.
Dr Cheah also said people should not racialise incidents like the Kiki road rage episode in Kuantan last month.
"It had nothing to do with race or religion. It was a case of criminal intimidation by a person against another.
"That should not be confused with something racial and religious," he said, referring to the incident of a young woman threatening an elderly man with a steering wheel lock after he knocked her car's rear bumper.
It was reported yesterday that the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) was working with the police to probe the Facebook user who allegedly insulted the King.
MCMC chairman Datuk Mohamed Sharil Tarmizi said all quarters should refrain from speculating on the issue, as it could compromise the investigation and disturb the supremacy of the royal institution.
It was also reported that the picture was uploaded on a fake, duplicate page that has since been removed by Facebook.
The Kedah government also called for stern action against the owner of the Facebook account, Bernama reported. – August 7, 2014.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/nudist-was-ex-kedah-gerakan-wanita-chief#sthash.KFiHqZVp.dpuf